I was holding off posting here until I had finished my Prairie Schooler "February Sampler", but as I am still working on it, I thought I had better just share my progress before January slips away entirely. I still want to try and finish this before next month, and I am getting close. I only need to finish filling in the snow/white under the houses and add a bit of backstitching. Almost done!
All that white fill in was getting tedious, so I pulled out my poor "Mystery Sampler" by Blackbird Designs. It has been untouched for months and months. I wasn't looking forward to those eyelet stitches for the grapes, but I need to just knuckle down and do them. I don't like how my eyelets look, but I think once they are done they'll be okay. There was no explanation on the chart about how the eyelets are to be done or how many plies of floss, so I have been using two--not sure that is right, but the smyrnas called for two plies, so I decided to keep it all uniform. I'm ready to move on to section three, so I am stitching away on this one now.
And after seeing Susan's gorgeous finish, I was thinking Hillside Sampling's "Strawberry Fields" might be my 2012 project. My long term project that is. I accomplished very little last year and hope to do better this year. We'll see, so it's best not to make too many plans or assume I'll whip this design out quickly, since I expect it will take me months to finish.
Here's my little start. It looks like a challenging project, so I hope I can stick it out and do it on my own!