A while ago Margaret kindly passed along to me a blog award, and as I don't often get something like this I wanted to make sure I say thanks and follow up, as part of the idea is to share ten things you might not know about me. So here goes.
- I love to read. If I am not stitching I am most likely reading and try and fit it in whenever I have a chance. Luckily I can easily read while walking on the treadmill or riding the bus--places I can't easily stitch.
- I work full time in an academic library. Before that I worked in an independent bookstore, so you see I've been around books for a long time.
- I've been to Europe several times and lived in Austria for a year, which I loved. I've not been able to travel for some time however, as now I have a house and it always seems to require some sort of repair! I long to return sometime, though, and am dying for a proper vacation.
- I have two cats--Dulce and Chispa. Dulce is Chispa's mom and she had her in my window well. It seemed only natural that I had to take them in after that!
- I love to walk, which is good as I don't own a car. I don't mind it so much, but Omaha is not a very pedestrian-friendly city.
- Someday I want to live by the ocean. I've been to beaches on the Pacific side, the Atlantic side and even in Ireland. I love to hear the crashing of waves and it is my personal fantasy to live close someday and be able to see it and hear it daily.
- I live in Omaha (as far away from the ocean as you can get) and the longer I live here the less I like our extreme weather (you'd think I'd have gotten used to it by now). I don't like the intense cold of winter, or the heat and humidity of summer.
- I don't like cooking much, but I do like to bake.
- I love dark chocolate--the darker the better.
- I bet I share this with just about every stitcher out there--I have enough stash to keep me busy well into retirement (which is some 25 years off still) and maybe even enough for a second lifetime! I try hard not to accumulate more, but you know how that goes!
I think I am supposed to tag a new set of bloggers, but as I can never choose (and expect this award has probably mades the rounds already), please just refer to my blogroll as everyone there could easily be tagged for this award!