Many thanks for all the nice comments on my Chartmakers RR! I am definitely going to pull it out and try and finish up the sawtooth border down each side. The design is about 7-1/4" wide and 18-1/2" long. I am not sure what are good dimensions for making a huswife. I think that is a really cool idea, though. I would definitely have to pay a professional finisher to make it into a huswife, though. I like finishing my own projects whenever possible, but a huswife is a bit beyond my abilities at present, and I would hate to mess it up! If I don't do the Huswife, I plan on framing it. That would be a nice way to display it, and probably more people would get to see it as well. I should email a photo to Kathy of Carriage House Samplings as most of the designs were her charts! She might get a kick out of it!
As for my "fait accompli", I finished my second pindisk this past weekend. The second time around went much, much smoother. I am really pleased by how it turned out. I hope to show you the first one I made soon. I know it made it safely to the recipient, but she is being good and waiting to open her package until she finishes up her project and gets it in the mail, too. She has better self control than me--I would have ripped it right open! LOL. The pindisk I just finished is for the Legacy Quaker exchange. The theme was "sea and sand". We were to use sand colored linen with some blue floss. I really enjoyed working on this Quaker. I may sign up for the next round, but I am trying to resist as I need to try and get caught up with my own projects. I will definitely be stitching a Quaker design soon, though! I was quite happy as even my husband commented on how nice it turned out. While he is always nice about my projects, he usually doesn't say too much. I will be getting the package ready go tonight, so I can mail it tomorrow. I am a little sorry to send it off! And of course I will share the photo as soon as I can.
I am working on my VS Angel. I have been stitching the bargello skirt. It looks really nice, but I made a mistake early on and that messed me up--I had to rip out three rows of colors! And now on to my Halloween projects. I have a couple of exchanges (already the stitching is in progress), and a birthday in October. It is going to be a busy month!!