I've received several cards now that postcrossers have made by hand and each is unique and unusual. I like the idea of getting something that is sort of one of a kind. This postcard came from Singapore. The postcrosser who sent it told me she travels quite a bit for her work and so she created this card sharing some of her favorite dishes she ate while abroad.
I asked her what each dish is and she kindly shared this information along with which country she was visiting at the time--starting in the top left corner:
- Crepe with Andouille de Guemene, a Bretagne pork sausage, in Saint-Malo, Bretagne, France
- Beef noodles in Chiang Rai, Thailand
- A seafood platter from Cancale, France, where the country's oysters come from
- Cantonese roast meats in Singapore :)
- Lamb intestines stuffed with bulgur and other grains in Istanbul, Turkey
- Spices from a street stand in Saigon, Vietnam
- Spaetzle, sauerkraut, blood sausage, veal and fried onions from Heidelberg, Germany
- Kunefe from Selcuk, Turkey
She's a very adventurous traveler I'd say!
The stamp shows a "Common Tilapia".
Postcrossing card #79