First last week's progress. It's amazing how much you can add to a sampler from week to week even with just fifteen minutes a day or so. Of course I would love to spend a whole afternoon stitching, but that rarely seems to happen. So I squeeze in just a little each day if I can.
I've finished the border (and have continued on since then). The urn looking motif in the center is going to be a fountain (imagine the pleasant sound of trickling water on a warm sunny day). I am working on the actual garden plots which look pretty boring at the moment, but they will have plants and veggies popping up soon. I have lots of backstitching to do in the garden area. I tend to leave backstitching for the very last, but I might start adding it now so there is more to look at.
I've been thinking I would like to start working on a larger (long-term) project again, and I have been thinking it will be a proper reproduction sampler. Maybe something along the lines of this one that I stitched several years ago. Or I could dig this one out that I was so enthusiastically working on but hit a boring it and set it aside. Or start something new like this lovely Quaker sampler design (which actually I did put in a few stitches and then never got more than a motif or two done). I really do miss working on more intricate projects but there just are not enough hours in the day to do all the things I enjoy. Still, itchy fingers. So I might just do a little browsing through my needlework bins (much like looking at bookshelves at books I have not read but have collected and forgotten about).
Maybe I will have something new to share next week!